Blech.
After all that stuff I said about not procrastinating, do I have even ONE of those eight arias analyzed for my opera paper? Nope. Well, I guess I have an excuse for the last few days--my power went out (again) on Thursday afternoon because of fallen power lines (again), so not only did I have to study for my midterm while loitering at Panera and Krispy Kreme (for the libraries were closed because of the ice storm--not that the roads were icy at all...), but I couldn't shower and I had to type up a take-home essay for the midterm on Friday morning with an e-mail program since the computer lab was occupied by classes. It was all totally sucky--the test wasn't bad, though, so I'm just glad that whole thing is over. I went to Raleigh this weekend (the ice problems were really localized, so Mark was fine) and had a choral concert today, so I didn't get home until 7:30. I was elated to see my porchlight on. Apparently the power didn't come back on until THIS AFTERNOON. Thank God spring is coming--I can't handle another one of these storms. Many tears were shed, many doses of Tums and chai tea were administered, etc.
So here I am at the big library (needed some dance documentation)--parking in the center of campus is not an option before 7pm on the weekdays, so it's such a pain in the ass to get here. And I'm sleepy. But I have about four weeks of laundry on my bed waiting for me, ready to be folded/hung, and Talk Sex is on tonight, so it'll be a while before I get to bed.
OH--did I mention that my mother will be spending a night or two in my apartment the weekend after next? While I'm not there?! One of her favorite televangelists will be in the next town over on the 14th--I'll still be in Raleigh on Spring Break. So my place has to be IMMACULATE when I leave on Friday morning at 7:15am, not having slept, barely-coherent rough draft in my twitching hand. Great news, huh? Maybe she'll bring her vacuum up--my carpet sweeper was a waste of money. I'm trying to be positive about it, but my mother is really funny about cleanliness. I'm sure she'll find something to pick at. And what if she sees the rum in the freezer? I'll have to hide it, I guess. Funny, I thought I was an adult...
No comments:
Post a Comment