Yes, I am back. Spring Break was not nearly long enough. None of my friends were in Wilmington last weekend, though I did get to go to Golden Corral with my parents and little brother. (Brandan's first Golden Corral experience...I doubt he'll be going back... :>) The trip to New York was great--it was wonderful to see Helen and Greg and the girls, but yes indeedy, I sure did catch that cold! Blech. It hit me Friday morning. I think I'm on the road to wellness (your garden-variety upper respiratory viruses have a five- or six-day shelf life with me), but I sure did feel crappy yesterday... Oh, speaking of which, yesterday (and today) was the time I allocated to write my opera rough draft. This was unwise. Sure, I could have done it--if I'd finished all those aria analyses before yesterday evening, and if I'd created the analysis charts before this morning...This is going to be one long-ass paper when it's finished, you know? Anyway, it was due at 4 pm, so I worked until 3:30 (to finish typing that last table), threw on clothes and flew to campus to drop it in my teacher's box. Then I had to sing in rep class (which I found out about yesterday, wouldn't you know). It went pretty well considering my sickness. (Plus my teacher wasn't there anyway--she's doing a recital in ten minutes.) So anyway, yeah, my Cosi fan tutte paper is woefully incomplete. But I think she can at least see where I'm headed with everything. Or at least she'll be able to once I compile musical examples...
Oh, I didn't mention it, but Mark and I went to a hockey game yesterday. $26 tickets in the last possible row (for real!) and neither team could manage to score! Well, we had a pretty good time, nevertheless. I just love being with my baby. Except when he's making me carry heavy things, like bundles of newspapers. But that was over a year ago...
And all that angst about my mother staying in my apartment? Bah! It went fine! She actually likes what I've done with the place. I guess all that time arranging the condiments paid off... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment