Wednesday, March 26

Getting things accomplished today... It feels good, for a change! Tonight I will DEFINITELY balance my checkbook. It's been like two months. I'm not kidding. How embarrassing is that?! Now you all know how much I trust and love you. :D

And speaking of getting things accomplished: Greg, weren't we supposed to put my comments script back up while I was in New York? I guess we both forgot about it. Anyway, whenever you get a chance, go for it. I miss those damn things!

I've just updated the link to Cathy's site--if don't want me to I can get rid of it. I wouldn't worry about stalkers, though--even people I invite to look at this page can't find it, for Christ's sake!

I'm using a lot of exclamation points, aren't I? Deal!

Before I forget--the mind-numbingly embarrassing thing that happened last Monday (which feels like two months ago, so much has happened since) was that my cell phone went off during my voice teacher's recital. The Mexican Hat Dance, for twenty seconds. I didn't try to turn it off because it was at the bottom of my bag, and I (erroneously) thought that it would be more distracting for me to dig through my backpack (tampons and Post-Its and vitamins flying in all directions) than to just wait it out. I was MORTIFIED, and apparently it set the faculty abuzz. Anyway, it was totally humiliating for like three days, and then the war started. Not to say that it's anything at all like a silver lining, but I did sort of welcome the distraction. Well, also, I wrote an apologetic note to my teacher (who was totally gracious about the whole thing anyway), so nobody could point their finger and say I wasn't contrite. And I have certainly learned my lesson--I put my phone on Silent as soon as I step onto school property. I will NEVER let that happen again. I mean, I'm one of those people who catch attitudes about people on the phone in restaurants, which is definitely not as bad as what happened to me. ANYWAY, now you know the whole story.

I have to get dinner now--rehearsal at 7pm! I'm going to try out this pseudo-Mexican joint everybody keeps talking about...

No comments: