Tuesday, March 25

I had a few minutes so I thought I would say hey to everybody. Rehearsals are going well--though both of the tenor principals had mishaps onstage Sunday night (one fell 8 feet, straight down, and was fine; the other slipped and badly sprained his ankle); you'd think this was Macbeth or something. I just hope nobody else gets hurt. I'm currently resting vocally--I had some bad reflux Sunday night that totally fried my cords, plus I'm still recuperating from all the coughing last week, so I decided not to push it. I have to sing in rep next week and in the Wolf song rep class on the 3rd (which I'm starting to stress over--it's important to have this professor approve of my performance!) in addition to the opera performances which start on Wednesday. Meanwhile I'm trying to learn this really difficult new aria without singing. Whee. In other news: the war greatly upsets me, so I avoid the news when I can. Of course, there are some things I can't avoid...I feel like all we can do right now is pray for the Iraqi people and our soldiers, and hope that something will at least get accomplished in exchange for all this stupidity. Maybe God is trying to teach us something for allowing G. W. B. to get elected. How can we embellish that acronym? Great White Boob? God Wishes [for] Bill [Clinton]? Have fun with that one. Anyway, I have to eat dinner before rehearsal. Stay safe and know that I care about you, wherever you are.

No comments: