I found this article about people who get songs stuck in their heads on Dave Barry's site. Apparently they are usually fans of music (duh) and often are neurotic and have stress problems. They really painted my portrait, didn't they?
Good news! (I think...) The due date for my rough draft has been pushed to the Monday after break, March 17th. Yay! I'll sleep this week. But I'll have that damn paper hanging over my head all week long if I don't get a good jump on it before I leave. So that is what I must do. And I'm meeting with my dance professor tomorrow afternoon to talk about that paper. I'm almost starting to feel productive.
My costume fitting for the opera is on Wednesday--do you think I'll get to be an elf or a fairy? Discuss. I bet the skinny girls get to be fairies, which makes me an elf. At least I still get pointy ears, hopefully! Hell, as long as I'm comfortable, my bra doesn't show, and I don't have to wear a potato sack, I can't complain. And you know, sometimes I forget that I'm the second-oldest ensemble member--and the oldest soprano, by like three years! Some of those girls were born in 1984, for Christ's sake! These people don't remember the Challenger explosion or "We Are the World" or Back to the Future--or the Mets winning the World Series! Shit. Pardon my "Child of the '80s" moment, but damn, those kids are young!
Oh, you'll notice I've added an e-mail address to my page...those of you who know me, please continue to contact me the usual ways. This address is just for visitors! (That, and the inbox is already crammed with twelve-inch penis offers. They really don't discriminate, do they?)
No comments:
Post a Comment