Monday, March 5

Everybody's getting new jobs these days: Mark's best friend from college is moving to Des Moines (and he's lived his entire life in Cleveland!), and one of Mark's colleagues here is moving to the Dark Side (i.e. a party job). Even my sister-in-law, who's been dividing her time between rural Texas and Salt Lake City, has jobs ending so she'll actually be home (outside Denver) for more than two days at a time. New jobs are in the air! Maybe this means Mark will get one really soon. (Though he's not going to take the open Baghdad bureau job for USA Today. Over my dead body.)

Sunday I got an audition announcement from my friendly local opera company--auditions in two weeks! Well, they're only doing one show that has a part for me, and I'm not sure if they'll want to use only local people (since I'd be long gone by the time of this production)--but it would be a very nice role to have on my resume. Not a big role, but it's Verdi and would fit me just perfectly, I think. Fingers crossed!

I believe I have seventeen Project Linus squares done so far. Only another week--I'd like to send about 24, if I get to it.

No comments: