Monday, March 12

Rest in peace, Brad Delp. I raise my lighter and beer can (MGD, perhaps?) in the general direction of Boston... Seriously, where would I be without hearing "Smokin'" on the radio every other day? That much grumpier, I tell you.

I had my first Lupron shot today. They didn't tell me it'd be in the butt! It didn't hurt or anything, at least. Well, here's to temporary menopause! (Two toasts in one post! A disturbing trend...)

Mark has referred to his editor as a "soulless editing machine"...and I am even more inclined to believe him after this past weekend. I had early lunch plans on Saturday, and we were having friends over for dinner at six. At ten-thirty in the morning Mark gets a call from his android editor, telling him they need a piece for Sunday. Why they didn't figure this out FRIDAY I have no idea. So I was livid. Now I had to run to Costco and the regular grocery store (on Saturday afternoon!!), clean the very dirty living room and kitchen, and make dinner, all in six hours. Mark worked his tail off and finished around four-thirty, but that was after I finished all the mopping and vacuuming and kamikaze shopping. The dinner went just fine, and Mark will have a comp day this week, but This. Is. IT! Mark has tried everything to play nice with this guy--e.g. befriend him--but nothing works. I am tired of the way this man treats Mark. It's just not right. (And don't get me wrong, this isn't the first time Mark's had to work on a weekend, or on short notice, but this guy is just inhuman and tyrannical.) As soon as he gets a decent offer he is outta there. And he's made contact with someone who seemingly knows everybody in the business in DC, whom he really believes can get something in the works for him. I really hope so!

No comments: