Just got an email today--I made the next round of Jeopardy! auditions!! I did okay on the online test a few months ago, but I didn't think I would qualify because I blanked on Sheryl Crow's name. (Seriously, it was weird.) The audition (which I think includes a written test and a mock game) is on a Saturday in May in DC. At least I know what I need to study: British history (especially royal succession, blech), geography (sub-Saharan Africa in particular), names of crappy modern novels that I will never read (eg. Sue Grafton), names of poets... oh, and the Bill of Rights. I always confuse Four through Seven. Gaah, it's like being in school, except that maybe I'll get to be on TV. Oh, and maybe pay off my student loans. (Though that'd take three shows, after taxes...) But I think it'll be fun, even if nothing comes of it.
Speaking of auditions, I feel pretty good about the audition on Sunday. I'm not particularly fond of the accompanist--and my starter aria has a bunch of tempo changes, so hopefully he will follow me very carefully. If not, I'm punching through anyway. I need to get better at leading anyway--it's just a matter of being very determined and not oversinging (my old bad habit when I'm trying to lead the tempo, which has gotten me into trouble). I think it'll be okay, really.
Tomorrow I'm taking a mental day off work (since I didn't really get Saturday off, and Sunday was spent recuperating from Saturday)--I'm having lunch with a very pregnant Sandra (who just passed her dissertation defense!!), then getting my hair cut (much needed). I'm having the "bang area" (for lack of a better term) cut shorter than usual. At this point it's several inches past my chin, and everything is just way too droopy. I wish I could find a decent picture of what I want, though...
1 comment:
Hey, congratulations! It's so easy to picture you on Jeopardy!, now that I'm thinking of it. So are we going to see you in May? You are welcome to the couch if you like...
Post a Comment