Good news: I was offered the part I wanted, Flora in La traviata. See, I said it was a small part!
Bad news: None of my good friends who auditioned were cast in the mainstage shows, even though at least two of them were perfect for the parts...
Good news: The weather has been beautiful, even too warm.
Bad news: It may be time for my annual spring cold. My throat is sore and I have a crippling headache--I've been getting headaches almost daily for a while now, but this one is just awful. I took tomorrow off of work so I can get lots of sleep, eat my weight in tangerines and end this thing pronto. (It might be allergies...but if it is it means I'm going to have to live like this for a while. I really hope it isn't.)
Good news: I'm nearly done with the blanket for Sandra's baby Naomi, due May 12. It's really beautiful, and while the lavender color wouldn't necessarily be a first choice for an aran-style knit, it seems to work well.
Bad news: Augh, it has been painfully slow. I've never knitted a blanket before, and this will probably be my last. Crochet is perfect for blankets--it works up quickly (especially if you're making afghans from panels), and blankets can have lacey holes in them (unlike most things I like to knit, besides scarves). This has been the biggest pain in the ass. And the blanket is pretty heavy, and the entire weight of it is usually borne by my left wrist while I'm working on it.
Good news: We've been watching Barney Miller: Season One from NetFlix.
Bad news: Only the first season was ever released on DVD. No more episodes! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment