
And the pattern is here. It's almost a little-old-lady purse...but I don't think it would give that impression in my hand. It is felted, and I've actually never felted anything before--I usually stick with acrylic and cotton or rayon because of the allergies. But as soon as I finish the blanket for baby Naomi I will felt a little something for myself. I've also found the perfect pattern for Cathy's birthday--but it's felted, hence the need to try out felting. My sister-in-law gave me the most beautiful wool for Christmas 2005, and it is sitting there waiting to be used--so I'll make myself a little purse first, maybe. Then Cathy's awesome (seriously, AWESOME) item, then I completely disassemble my ginormous green sweater and make a new one, THEN I will attempt the cutie-pie birdhouse purse. The funny thing is, I'm not even really into purses (though I do love my faux Prada, mainly because it's red)--but this thing is just so adorable, I want to eat it. (But I'm still trying to figure out how it exactly works...the pattern seems vague on that.)
So I am turning in my Project Linus squares today--all twenty-eight of them! And no two are exactly alike. But many of them contain bubble-gum pink yarn (from an ill-fated sweater that--surprise--was way too big!). I guess they might go to a baby or a little girl, then...
On the homefront: crazy shit is going down in town here--some of it confidential, so I can't even say more. All I know is that Mark has seriously committed himself to finding a new job, even while he's getting very busy at his current job. Oh well, I guess I'll see him in bed, at least.
2 comments:
Birthday item!! I am very excited.
By the way, I got Mark's goods in the mail last week, and they are here in my desk, waiting to be unleashed at the next opportune moment.
Oh, you will be. It is the perfect ridiculous item for a 30-year-old. (Of course I will beat you to 30...still weird for me.)
Post a Comment