The ocean is a desert with its life underground
And a perfect disguise above
Under the cities lies a heart made of ground
But the humans will give no love
Ah, pothead philosophers. Dude, that's like, so meaningful and shit. And quit bogarting the bowl!
(That's from "Horse with No Name", by the way. And it's supposedly about heroin, but as I have no experience with heroin I find it easier to relate the lyrics to being stoned.)
I think spring has finally arrived for good here--nothing but highs in the 70s and low 80s for the next week. I have to enjoy this while it lasts--before we know it it'll be in the 90s for two straight months...
The audition went fine last Sunday--at least I sang well. That nagging feeling that the accompanist was going to drag was right on. Dramatically it felt static, because the timing was off. This was a pretty low-risk audition. I'm considering using that aria as my regular starter--which means that maybe I ought to start bringing around my own pianist. (Though I think the typical New York audition accompanists would fare better than this one, who was completely sightreading.) More to think about...
No comments:
Post a Comment