Speaking of where I live, the mold inspection was this morning. The problem is a little worse than we expected--it appears to have been caused by the drainage (i.e. the downspouts and LOTS of mulch against the brick foundation), not, as previously suspected, by a water main burst last year. We won't have the inspector's official report until the end of the week, and we're supposed to close in four weeks...hopefully we won't have to push back the closing date, but I guess we have some leeway. I wish we didn't have to worry about this, you know? All we can do is wait now, I guess.
I still haven't loaded my latest blanket picture (I only have four squares left! then lots of mattress stitch), so I figured I'd show you the start of my next larger-scale project. The cardigan I was working on back in July was kind of a bust--it was going to end up way too stretchy, since it was basically 2x2 rib--so I've started this with the same yarn. I've reworked the pattern a bit, since I don't do slouchy, but in truth all I'm doing is making a smaller size. Here's about how far I've gotten:

I'm dedicated to finishing my blanket ASAP (or at least getting it assembled, since it will no longer be portable once I start the border), so I haven't worked on this in a few weeks. I don't really need a cardigan yet, you know.
p.s. I didn't see the Emmys--no cable!--but I did see photos of Jon Hamm in a tux. That should be illegal...
No comments:
Post a Comment