We were so busy with the show and post-performance stuff yesterday that I didn't get on the computer all day... The performances went really well, and I got two positive (but short!) reviews that I can post on my website (which I finally got around to cleaning up, months and months after I first set it up with the new host). Now I need new gigs. This is the first time in years I haven't had any future engagements--mostly because of the economy. I've even heard whispers that one of the local companies that has been struggling may actually go out of business (though I can't judge the validity of the comments, and I tend to avoid that kind of gossip, it is worth acknowledgment--it's the company that took six months to send me a check last year). So it's even more imperative that I start researching auditions for this December. I wasn't able to make a new recording this summer (things were so crazy in August, and my regular pianist was traveling quite a bit as well), which is not so hot but I can use last year's if need be. The company that gave me such positive feedback after last year's audition is doing a few more shows this summer that call for my voice type, so I'll definitely try to sing for them again. Fingers crossed...
I got this crazy ball of yarn in a swap a few years ago--a pink and orange and white silk blend with the texture of terrycloth. It's very soft, and the colors are kind of fun, but I had NO idea what to do with it. I finally decided to make a cowl with it, but after multiple swatches I realized that it was way too fuzzy to be made into anything but stockinette--so I made another
Dolores Park Cowl.

My hair looks particularly good in that picture (I probably shouldn't tell you how dirty it was--I knew it would be sprayed white and teased for the dress rehearsal that night, so I saw no point in washing it). I got a nice drape using the called-for size 10 needle, but I basically improvised the lengths of the individual sections and worked until I ran out of yarn. It's like wearing an incredibly luxurious towel around my neck. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment