Wednesday, September 9

Slacker!!! I told myself I wouldn't update again until I had pictures, but I just cannot find the camera... Mark had it last, so hopefully he knows where it is. Anyway, to make up for my absence I'm going to do a BloPoMo, as well as I can. The action never stops over here, after all... So much has been going on that I could probably post about something different every day for a month.

The first big thing is--we're under contract for a house! We went to see it the week after we got back from the trade show, then my parents were able to see it the following Monday afternoon. It doesn't need much work, other than a new fridge (the appliances and mechanical systems are not new, but their utility bills are fine so we probably won't worry about it for a while). It's in a nice neighborhood convenient to a library and lots of shopping (though it will mean a significantly longer commute for me, I won't be working there forever). The inspection is next week (I should have some pictures then, if we can find the damn camera), and we close on October 19 if all goes to plan. This week we make up our minds on a lender (we've been doing a lot of research) and pick an insurance plan--and we need a lawyer. We're supposed to be going through our things and packing as well, but it's production week for my show so we haven't had much spare time.

My parents are also selling their house; they close in two weeks. Apparently they're going to live at an extended-stay hotel for two weeks afterwards so my father can work out his notice (yes, they are insane), then go up to New York early for my brother's wedding. They're downsizing to a condo, wherever they end up living, and there has been some family drama as my parents go through all their things. Really stupid, petty stuff, mostly involving the selfishness of my brother. And no, I am not willing to hang onto my father's grandmother's ugly, rickety, poorly-made dining room set until my brother can use it. His house doesn't have a dining room, which means I'll be stuck with it forever, or until he decides to drive 1000 miles round-trip to pick it up and store it in his basement. Basically nobody wants this dining room set--not even my father, who is perfectly content with someone selling it. My mother is the only one who likes it, I think. Ugh. I hope they have rock-solid wills, because I do not want to repeat this process in forty years...

No comments: