Thursday, September 17

(TMI ahead--don't say I didn't warn ya.)

Ugh, I feel so gross today. You'd think that having medication-coordinated three-month cycles would get me off the hook a bit. I guess I don't consume as much Midol as I used to, but still, yuck. The cramps are actually worse and last longer than they did when I was on a more traditional schedule. I am eating potato chips and drinking grapefruit soda, and at work I even had a Snickers. Junk food, check. =/ I should be back to normal by Monday, but the first several days are always ridiculous. In happier news, the DivaCup is working fantastically well for me. I recommend it! It actually makes this experience a bit less unbearable.

Last night we met with our realtor to go over the results of the inspection. The inspector did find some mildew in a corner of the crawlspace (thought to be the result of a pipe burst they had several years ago, after which everything in the interior was fixed), so we actually will need a mold inspection. Scary, I know, but the inspector was so nonchalant about it that we really think it's just a precaution. We have to pay for the mold inspection, but obviously the sellers would be taking care of the mildew remediation or anything else that comes up. (The realtor will be scheduling the appointment today, and hopefully I'll be able to make it.) Other than that, there were just some minor things--a few masonite boards and a soffit board that need replacing, new ground faults for some of the outlets, some doors that need rehanging...really not a big deal.

Hey, I've finally finished the main section of the ginormous blanket! I took some pictures of it on the bed, but haven't loaded them into Flickr yet. I'm now seven squares into the outside section, with only ten more to go. That's 78.1% down! The assembly may take me a bit more time than I'd hoped--the stockinette squares are rolling a LOT at the edges, and I may decide to iron/kill the acrylic so they lay flat. I've done it before, and liked the effect. Plus it's a bedspread--it's supposed to be drapey. I'm not sure if I'll do it before or after the eternity of mattress stitch...

p.s. I know I didn't post yesterday! Blame our router, which decided it didn't want to be "wireless" yesterday. Right now the computer is actually plugged into it. Who knows what the problem is...

1 comment:

Heather Wardell said...

Grapefruit soda? I always feel worse if I drink carbonated stuff. And I have a Diva cup too and I agree, they're fabulous. SO much easier and somehow it DOES reduce the cramps too!

Good luck with the house! :)