Friday, November 21

This is wonderful news...

Also, for your reading pleasure, the Friday Five:

1. List five things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.

Sing some kickass auditions, get engaged (not my call!), establish my workout habits as a legitimate regimen, have an earnest talk with my parents, learn Fiordiligi.

2. List five people you've lost contact with that you'd like to hear from again.

Davin (freshman boyfriend), Mrs. Toner (HS English teacher), Michele (college friend), Jen (high school friend), ? Maybe I'm better at this K.I.T. thing than I thought...

3. List five things you'd like to learn how to do.

Eat in a responsible manner, make homemade soap (with oil and lye--no big blocks you melt down like my mother), float high notes, take a compliment, keep my room clean at all times.

4. List five things you'd do if you won the lottery (no limit).

Take a long tour of Europe; buy a new car (Lexus? Toyota hybrid?); make sure my parents and grandparents were comfortable for the rest of their lives; buy all my friends and family lavish gifts; get a wardrobe/hair/cosmetic makeover, complete with weekly facials and massage treatments. (Thinking locally, not globally. I'm sure I'd have to create a foundation, and would give a shitload of money to Habitat for Humanity and Amnesty International anyway, but I assumed we were supposed to think selfishly for the moment...)

5. List five things you do that help you relax.

Cuddle on the couch with Mark, take a nap, talk with friends, watch mindless sitcoms (eg. reruns of FRIENDS or THE NANNY), take a bath.

Does anybody remember Jonathan Brandis? I had a crush on him in high school, and would watch that dumb SeaQuest show with Roy Scheider just to see him. Well, apparently he committed suicide yesterday--only 27! (Though I thought he was younger.) Sad....


No comments: