Monday, November 3

I am so nervous...

I've been singing for so long, I hardly ever get really nervous about it anymore. Maybe I get a little jumpy before some performances (and if it's a choral situation, not at all), but that usually just helps with my energy.

But today I'm singing in this master class for this kind of important stage director. I'm last in the program, and the way it's been scheduled means that everyone, down to the last little freshman voice major and all the faculty, will be hearing me sing today. And after doing two services and that damn Handel concert yesterday, my voice is nowhere near 100%. So I couldn't sleep well (among other things, I had this nightmare that I had to sing in some downtown industrial area and let this random strange man borrow my car, assuming he would return it!), and I woke up freaking out. My stomach has been churning all day, and I'm just kind of a mess.

I'm sure it will be fine, but it's just a little nerve-wracking...

No comments: