Snow! Ice! Classes were cancelled yesterday (including my rehearsals, which will be made up tomorrow). Only the main roads are even sanded. My road and parking lot are a sheet of ice. Big fun. But I must go to rehearsal, you know.
Today in my coaching I not only succeeded in making cute British man blush (by relaying something a friend had said about C major being Strauss's "penis chord"), but somehow managed to sing through this phrase I was so sure I'd never get through that I rearranged the words (in a historically proscribed manner, of course). But now I can sing it the right way. I am so excited about that.
In sad news--well, sad for me, good for Mark--my baby left for Orangeburg, SC this morning and will be spending the next week with our southern neighbors covering John Edwards. The catch is that, since the major stuff like the debate will be covered by the wire services, he has to find some other angle, like local stuff or something. Plus he'll have to find something to write about on the days that Edwards is in Oklahoma and South Dakota and wherever else they're having a primary next Tuesday. But anyway, I won't get to see him this weekend. And maybe not until after opening night next Thursday. He said he would try to get over here next Wednesday for a few hours. I hope so--it will help me focus. Especially now that we do actually get to kiss people--in my case, it will be a twenty-year old baritone who's shorter than me when I wear shoes, plus possibly the tenor in the love duet. We're pressuring on the last one.
Have to run. Hope everyone's staying warm and safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment