*Southerners are historically chicken when it comes to the white stuff, but this was no joke. It started snowing a bit at about eleven this morning, which alternated with sleet and freezing rain for most of the day. When I went to get the mail (empty!), there was about 1/4" of ice on everything. I'm glad Mark managed to get home before it got too nasty.
*Played this song for Rosina today. I don't know whether she liked it, or if she just enjoyed my awesome dance moves. It definitely brought me back.
*We are watching the last few episodes of Ellery Queen on DVD from Netflix. It was a really well-made show, but I guess it wasn't gritty enough for the post-Watergate, post-Serpico world. I have been waiting a while for the latest Doctor Who half-season to show up--I am now learning what they mean by "Very long wait". I may just break down and pay to stream the next half-season from Amazon. This is just silly...
*I have a work function tomorrow night, and one of my friends is watching Rosina so Mark can come to dinner after the boring "happy hour" at the office. (Free steak dinner--I shouldn't complain! And other than helping to set up snacks and making small talk with near-strangers, I don't have much to do!) My editor is presumably in Europe, where he was the other day, so I should be able to avoid any of the Herculean last-minute requests for which he is so famous.
*I am almost done with the Baby Bobbi Bear I'm making for my new niece. This is my first time using Berroco Remix, and I really like it. (I suspect the 100% recycled content is pre-consumer, considering there's a decent but inoffensive amount of VM in the skein.) This time I need to just bite the bullet and embroider the face as soon as possible, instead of waiting most of a year, like I did with Rosina's!
No comments:
Post a Comment