Sunday, January 27

Team Peach Cobbler FTW!

*We just crushed it at the local sports bar's trivia night. Fifty dollars!! (Figures they'd have a new rule where you have to spend the credit right away--and since there were only two of us, and we didn't order drinks, we ended up buying a few desserts to put in the freezer.) Go Peach Cobbler! (Don't ask me where that name came from--it just popped into my head.) And considering that Mark had to leave for about half an hour to take care of a work thing, leaving me alone with Rosina for the last two rounds before the final, I feel particularly good about it. I aced the third round!

*FaceTime date with Cathy, where we discussed the relative merits of 1990-vintage colognes. Malibu Mist and Electric Youth are both available on Amazon--though the photo of the latter looks pretty yucky. Maybe I'm just lazy now, but I usually use either scented lotion or vanilla body spray these days--when I think of it at all.

* Took a very restorative hour-long nap. I am so loath to take naps--it's always seemed like a waste of daylight to me--but I haven't been sleeping that well lately (it's the low humidity; I think I ought to get a new prescription for Flonase), and I was supremely cranky today before that nap...

*Went to Whole Foods alone to pick up some basics. Believe it or not, their milk prices are actually competitive! (We've had bad luck with milk from Costco and Kroger going bad days before the sell-by date--and don't get me started on Trader Joe's!) It is SO relaxing going to the grocery store when you don't have to worry about your car's proximity to the cart corral, or about keeping a baby occupied. Plus my English Breakfast Tea was on sale!

*We went to the dollar store to pick up some coloring books (why go anywhere else? They're just going to be scribbled on) and some wrapping paper, and I also picked up one of those large French twist hairpins. I have fallen prey to hair gadgets before! This one actually seems to work, however. I am pleased.

This is a particularly bourgie post, for whatever reason. Don't worry about me, I still turn up the volume when Thin Lizzy comes on...

No comments: