Sunday, November 17

I don't have a lot of time, but I wanted to let you all know that everything is pretty good. I've had a bitch of a cold (apparently some mini-flu Mark brought up from Wilmington), but it was nothing that Allegra and lots of Nyquil couldn't drive out of my system. So now I am almost back to normal (though I'll be coughing for a few more days), and am ready for some well-deserved R&R. All I really have looming over my head for the rest of the semester are three performances (two in-class solos and one choral concert--all of which are in like three weeks), my French final (cake) and my jury (which I'm not even thinking about yet). So I've decided it's time to get my apartment cleaned up (it is a total mess) and start working on those Christmas presents! Yes, the time has come. This afternoon I saw Amahl and the Night Visitors, which has totally got me in the mood to ho-ho-ho. (Not that I ever needed a reason before...) Helen, you must tell me what Liam/Nellie needs. (An all-fish buffet, perhaps??) Anyway, I must go, but don't y'all worry too much about me. The weather outside is frightful, but I am oh-so-delightful.

Oh my God, did I overdose on Nyquil?! :)

p.s. Had an estimate done on my car--including three days car rental, it'll be just about $1200. I have to get another estimate done, but that seems reasonable considering what they'll have to do. The kid's family has been very cool about everything--I think they're just glad I'm not crying Whiplash.

Current music: "Let it Snow" (well, it's about 40 degrees and raining hard...can't I just imagine?)

No comments: