Thursday, November 21

Well, I have a sinus infection. I'm feeling much better, though, now that I'm on amoxicillin. Where would I be without antibiotics? (I wouldn't have survived those Binghamton winters without them...) Otherwise things are pretty good. This week was pretty low-key because my opera workshop didn't meet, so I was able to tend to my health needs, as well as those of 'Rolla. I had two more estimates done on Monday--the first one was for almost $2400, which totally freaked me out, and the second was about $50 cheaper than the Toyota dealership's, which I had done last Thursday. I'm going to go with the Toyota dealership--the body shop manager really seemed to know what he was talking about, and I'd rather have "official authorized Toyota bodywork" if I'm so unfortunate as to need bodywork in the first place. I talked to the kid's mother again today, and we'll be meeting Sunday afternoon so I can give them a copy of the estimate and we can discuss logistics.

I like my job--I always leave there feeling as if I've really accomplished something. Today alone I sent out over 20 faxes, did a mail merge, reformatted a spreadsheet, mailed out a bunch of letters, prepared some subcontracts for authorization, and made lots of labels. Okay, well, maybe it doesn't sound like too much, but it did keep me busy for 3 1/2 hours. I guess I just feel like I'm contributing to something. Plus it's part-time, so when I leave there I can leave all the baggage behind. It's so relaxing to be able to not stress about a job.

I've spent some time the past few days just driving around outside of town. Tuesday I actually drove off the map (well, for a mile, anyway) and got to see lots of cows and horses, along with some huge rich-people houses. I miss cows and horses, you know? It reminds me of taking the bus down Rte. 302...

News! Mark and I were considering going to Charleston next week, but the hotel coupon I had turned out to be not that hot, so I don't know where we're going (if we're going anywhere). But we are going to Buffalo the week of December 16th! I'm not sure just what days yet, but it will be for three or four days mid-week. I will get to see you, Erik! And I'll be within 200 miles of Helen in time for her due date! (I guess that's closer psychically, right?) I will give you more details as they become known.

In other news: Aaron picked Helene! I could tell they had something special even a month ago. And yes, I know it's ridiculous to accept an engagement from someone you've only known for six weeks, but I still think they make a good couple. Let me be a little dorky!


Current music:"Dreams"--Fleetwood Mac

No comments: