Y'all are lucky I'm even here right now. Choir was cancelled today (we had concerts Friday and Sunday, and a long rehearsal Saturday), so I worked an extra half hour. I was actually able to go home for lunch! So I got here about 15 minutes ago, just in time for my 2pm class, and what do you know? It was cancelled, too! I would never even have come to campus today if I'd known that. Why he didn't tell us yesterday, I have no idea. Anyway. So yeah, I had two concerts this weekend. And my voice was not up to par, but I got through it. Mark got stuck in traffic Friday night, so he missed my solo. :( I was okay with it, though, provided he would still be able to make it to my workshop performance tomorrow. Guess what? Because the governor vetoed some bill, the State Assembly got called back into session for like two hours, tomorrow afternoon. Those fuckers have been off for a month already, and the only time they're meeting between now and January is tomorrow afternoon. I was pretty damn upset. It's not Mark's fault or anything, but it still made me angry. At least I can say it took a special session of Congress to pull Mark away from my performance. :)
So anyway, yeah, my reflux is a problem. Finding out about my call being moved Friday night was enough to start the process. I'm really not that short-fused, you know? So the counselor I've been meeting with helped me with some relaxation techniques yesterday. I will freely admit that I cannot deal with stressful situations...hopefully this will help me. In the meantime, I'll take my Pepcid and my Prevacid, with occasional help from Mr. Tums, and we'll get through this ordeal.
In happier news, Mark and I are probably going to Charleston for a few days over Thanksgiving. I'm so excited! It's so beautiful there. And I know we're theoretically supposed to be boycotting South Carolina tourist spots, but it's not like I'm going to South of the Border or some Confederate war memorial. (Though you can see Fort Sumter from the mainland...) And I don't plan on spending too much money, either. And I think we are going to try to go to Buffalo sometime in December. It's time I met his twin brother, don't you think? I'm also totally working on a trip to DC (the train fares are totally reasonable). Unfortunately all this traveling means I won't get to downstate NY or Buffalo this Christmas. :( No, I won't get to see the baby born or anything, but I do expect to see the unedited pictorial gallery online, just like with Margaret. :) And the presents will be in the mail. Maybe I can get up there in March, during my Spring Break. That's my plan, anyway.
Current music: "Don't Worry Baby"--The Beach Boys
No comments:
Post a Comment