A stream-of-consciousness entry...
Today is Election Day! That means Mark works a 16-hour day. If I call him at 11pm he'll still be waiting for the results to come back in Wilmington. It's pouring outside. I had to come back to campus to go to somebody's senior recital. She's doing Sondheim. {snore} My rehearsal went well yesterday, but I get nervous about staging. I have almost no experience with it. And I get to faint onstage, and have somebody smother my hand with kisses, and all sorts of important dramatic situations. Meanwhile I'm still trying not to confuse upstage and downstage. I mean, yeah, I remember the Globe Theater and all that, but it's harder to apply when you're actually doing it. Plus I kept forgetting my text--granted, there's a lot of it, but I really need to get that stuff down! Tomorrow's the hard scene (dramatically), actually: the Count and I argue about who I have hidden in my closet, he accuses me of being unfaithful to him and says I'm dead to him or something, etc. It's all very fun stuff, but I'm just nervous about (what else?) looking stupid. But my professor wouldn't want me to look stupid. I guess it's better to get that all out of the way in rehearsal, then. I need to practice...I haven't practiced in a week, since last Wednesday was when I had that bad reflux stuff. My teacher pretty much confirmed my self-diagnosis on Monday, and said that while she could definitely hear a bit of extra noise (which means my cords are swollen), it wasn't all that bad. And I knew for myself that it was much better than last week. Plus, when my technique is good you don't notice a problem. Basically my attacks are all screwed up, though. (But they were never very good...) In my meeting at the counseling center Monday, we basically confirmed that I hate hate HATE to be living alone--that's why I'm binging and stuff. And we decided that I need to have things planned to do when I'm home that are inconsistent with eating--like pedicures and crochet. (Guess what you all are getting for Christmas! "Again?!") And next year I definitely need to arrange to live with somebody. Well, I'm going to go socialize (a good thing for me!) and memorize some da Ponte...
Current music: "Here Comes the Rain Again"--The Eurhythmics (is that the name of that song?)
No comments:
Post a Comment