Thursday, November 14

It's been a busy few days! I feel like I've been in a whirlwind. First off, right after I wrote my last entry I went with Vanessa, one of the 2nd-year grad students, over to the Super Wal-mart across town. We hadn't spent too much time together previously, but she's really cool and nice, so I'm glad we had the chance to get to know each other better. I bought way too much junk, but managed to keep my eating relatively reasonable. Then I played with my hair for like an hour (which isn't as fun as it sounds, actually),trying to decide how I should wear it for the Wednesday performance. Wednesday morning I had a French exam and then went to the School of Music to get ready. I had a dress rehearsal (two run-throughs) at one and the performance at four. Mark actually was able to come (though it'd be too confusing to explain why), which I was really excited about. I think it all went really well--and it was a lot of fun! Mark and I went out to dinner afterwards, and then I went to church choir rehearsal. On my way home I got rear-ended by this young kid (someone ahead of me was making a left turn, I think, and the kid just wasn't paying attention). Don't worry! I'm okay. His car sustained some serious damage, but mine is basically all right--my bumper is scratched, and the trunk isn't closing completely. The guy's parents don't want to get the insurance companies involved, so I'm going this afternoon to have an estimate done (which I assume they're going to pay). It's all just kind of annoying. I was pretty shaken up last night, but now I'm just tired and want to have the whole business done with already...

Current music: this crazy coloratura aria that one of my friends sang in class today...

No comments: