So my trip to Boston. Forty-eight hours on the ground, and nary a break the whole time. I had planned this dinner meeting, which got very expensive through no fault of my own--plus the editor's fifteen-minute talk turned into an full-fledged, hour-long meeting. It was also my first time meeting my editor, a German man who is as diminutive as he is demanding. At least he didn't seem to be disappointed in me... Yes, the once stress-free day job becomes stressful from time to time. In my one hour away from the convention, I walked a few blocks to Newbury Yarns. Cute little store with some awesome knitters doing their thing--it was a bit pricey, but considering it's on the same block as Anthropologie and Zara and countless other boutiques I understand. And my booty?

Love! Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Yellowstone--it's a bit darker than the photo shows. It was a typical New England fall day--grey, windy, misty, about 50 degrees--and the yarn reminded me so much of falling leaves. (The leaves are finally turning here.) So I have to make a leaf pattern with this--and something at 7.5 stitches/inch, since this is a heavier fingering. I was thinking about Embossed Leaves from Favorite Socks, but I'm not sure yet...
2 comments:
Yeah, those are definitely some fall colors! Especially now that we're getting into November. Last month's colors were really my favorite. I love the bright reds that come out. They make me feel very much at home. But there's something very grown up feeling about the colors now. :)
That yarn is beautiful. I love the fall colors. They would look great on me!
Post a Comment