This afternoon Mark and his friend made beer, while I started my neverending Wagner aria translation. It's a ten-minute aria.
The felting technique I was trying is based on Shibori techniques--basically you bind or fold different parts of the fabric before you felt it. That part actually worked fine (I had made some gathers with rubber bands). It was the rest that was hideous!
I think I have a project to replace the awful felting. Today I mainly just worked on my companion cowl to the beret. Now I just need the pictures. (It was 70 degrees here today, and stormy--not really ideal for modeling wool.)
We just finished watching Blow-Up, which we got from NetFlix. Kind of a weird movie--though it was fun to recognize Jimmy Page in one scene. The NetFlix people must think we're insane--we get the strangest mix of DVDs. Operas plus art films plus Mystery Science Theater: 3000 plus The Bob Newhart Show...
1 comment:
So I looked up Shibori felting since I hadn't heard of it. Interesting technique. Very artsy. I haven't tried anything like that before... I wonder if anyone on my Christmas list would like it. :-P
Post a Comment