So it is fricking cold here now. I was able to wear my new beret and matching cowl...

I don't look so cold right there, since I'm inside. The house is very drafty--I'm wearing two pairs of socks (one pair handknitted--I just repaired the heel on one of them, since I accidentally put my thumb through it after accidentally felting them, good times) and a sweater Mark left downstairs, and I made some tea to try to keep warm. The thermostat says 65 degrees, but it is clearly colder than that. And there's no real point in turning up the temperature, since it won't make much of a difference to anything but our energy bill. (It could be worse: we have friends who live in a 100-year-old house, and their thermostat is right near the front door. They set the heat at 50 degrees and use space heaters. They also don't have air conditioning.) I should use the oven tonight, and maybe do some laundry. Well, if a cold front gets me doing chores around the house, I guess it's a good thing.
5 comments:
You look so elegant! I am SO not a hat person. I AM a shawl person, but in a hat I look... I don't know, but it's not good. :)
I have turned my heat down to 63 so I feel you making tea to keep warm, etc. I'm wicked poor right now so I need to save money somehow!
I agree with Heather, you look fabulous in the hat and cowl.
You look so mysterious with those tinted glasses! But your hat and scarf combo is something I often wear around the house, especialy when online (in the kitchen). We have One gas heater on the wall in the living room and our bedroom and kitchen are Coooooooold unless we turn the heat ALL the way up until it's like 90 in the living room, then the heat circulates. It's ridiculous! I'm hoping we'll be moving into a new apartment sometime after we get a car...
Lovely beret and cowl! I agree with Heather - you do look very elegant!
No autographs please...
That's the first thing that came to mind seeing you in your superstar look.
I bought some of that Patons tweed wool yarn at the 20% off yarn sale at A.C. Moore. I found a slouchy beret pattern in Debbie Bliss's mag that I'm going to make it with. It will go well with my red coat since it has red "tweedies" in it.
Post a Comment