Thursday, November 20

Yesterday I folded and put away ALL the laundry (with some help from Mark), did one translation and started another, cleaned up in the kitchen, brought Mark's dry cleaning, watched two episodes of Ugly Betty online and started the foot of my second Pomatomus. It's interesting how much quicker these seem the second time. I think I'm just better at lace now, and quicker at memorizing patterns. See, I'm learning! :)

Now that these socks have finally reached their recipient, I can post a picture:



These are Twinkle Toes by Cookie A., which were featured on an episode of the late great Knitty Gritty. (Yes, I know there is a lot of Cookie A.-ness going on here lately.) I made these in May, for Helen's August birthday, but for various reasons I didn't get them in the mail until recently. Apparently they fit great! I am very happy about that.

In other news, I've been reading The Thirteenth Tale, as recommended by Wendy, and it's quite better than I thought it would be...

3 comments:

Diana said...

Yay Cookie A! I love her sock patterns. The ones you have pictured are gorgeous. Nice work!

Nik said...

Yep, it was an American Apparel shirt.

Lauria said...

Those are beautiful!!