Monday, November 24

A mishmash today...

*Funny post at Curly Wurly. I am thoroughly chastised by my incomplete right arm. Holy deconstructed woman, Batman! Or are my feminist alarms going off prematurely? Hard to say these days...

*Ten random things (nicked from Knotty Mouse)

1. Magazines subscribed to - Plenty, because it was free. I really should renew my Bust subscription, since I end up buying it in Whole Foods anyway, and it'd be nice to get Vogue Knitting, maybe...

2. Aside from knitting, my favorite pasttimes are - crochet, reading, listening to music, traveling

3. If I were not a [musician] (insert your own profession), I would be - an activist, or maybe a party planner (I know, could these two professions be more different?)

4. I am irrationally worried about - like everything, but my most irrational worry is that Mark will have a heart attack in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping. Whenever I wake up at night, I have to make sure he's breathing. I know this is insane...

5. If I were the opposite sex - people would've said I was "inquisitive" as a child, not a "loudmouth". I am still angry about this.

6. The thing I miss most about childhood is - ten hours of sleep a night!

7. I like to collect - LPs

8. Though I’ve never been there, I feel inexplicably homesick for - Ireland, maybe?

9. I’ve never really liked to eat - Krispy Kremes. Yes, I know I live in the land of Krispy Kreme. Unless the hot light is on, I think those things are kind of nasty. I'm no fan of icing, really.

10. When I have nightmares, they’re usually about - nuclear war, sometimes zombies. I am a bundle of sunshine, aren't I?

*Another awesome vintage sweater picture:


Does this look like a beginner's pattern to you? I didn't think so... But it is cute! I'm thinking it'd be great in bamboo, with shorter sleeves. And shaping, which goes without saying. None of these old patterns (this one's from 1968) go above a 38" bust, so a lot of rewriting would be required...but I should be used to it by now!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

With your #4 - I'm so like that with my kids. I'm neurotic about SIDS. If I wake up at night and the baby's not awake, I check to make sure he's breathing. I still check my 4 yo if I can't hear him breathing. (He's got some good sized tonsils...I'm afraid he might need them out some day. :0(

Mouse said...

Yay for memes!

Lauria said...

I don't think that your feminist alarms are faulty! My goodness how bizarre!!

I actually think that a party planner and an activist have a lot in common from a day to day kind of standpoint. Activists have to arrange and gather people, so do party planners!

Anonymous said...

So how sad is it that I read that "personality quiz" and thought, wow, what a step up from today! I mean, the whole thing is admittedly a bizarre, guilt-inducing idea, but at least most of the questions are actually about *character*, not what kind of purse or shoes you have.

Re. #4, aw, that's not insane, you just love him lots and lots. I have similar thoughts with Mike all the time -- and as long as they don't get out of hand, in a perverse way I think it makes me appreciate him more. And like what commenter Michelle said above... I am SO going to be that mom when I have kids.