Monday, November 10

I think I'm finally starting to catch up! I've actually put away laundry the last few days. Granted, there is much more to put away. Mainly sheets, which I have a hard time folding by myself. I guess it's not too bad. Wait 'till we have kids...

It looks like I do have at least one audition in New York next month, which is actually a little surprising--I wasn't really expecting to get anything. Maybe that's why I'm dreading it a bit. Drive eleven hours one-way (or fly, depending on when I hear back), plus various long and short train rides, for a five-minute long-shot chance at a job. Wait, shouldn't I be used to this by now? :) Nah, it'll be fine. I just hope I get another audition, so I can make the trip more worth it. The other thing is that Mark and I are tentatively planning to drive up to New York to see my family (and maybe his brother) for Christmas. My audition is the week before Christmas. I do not plan to do that drive twice in a week. My office is only open for two days the week of Christmas, so maybe I should just stay up in New York (I have a work laptop, so I can do 75% of my job while traveling) and Mark can fly one-way. A possibly very good idea! I have to remember that.

Oh, and yes, we still have that damn virus. Mark's bringing his work laptop home so we can explore some options. We still may end up reformatting. And considering all the time I spent over the weekend trying to eradicate this thing, it would probably have saved lots of time to just reformat. Ugh.

3 comments:

Lauria said...

I would definitely stay in NY if you can. Think of how much you'll save for one thing! And it'll be like a mini vacation, which I'm sure is well deserved!

Anonymous said...

Hey, are you going to be swinging through VA on your way up or down? I'm off work the week before Christmas...

Michelle said...

Laundry is the bane of my existence! Kids make it 10 times worse. I do at least 2 loads a day. I follow Flylady's advice and fold it at the dryer and take it right to put away. It helps...a little. That sucks with the virus! I had to reformat a couple years ago because I upgraded to Norton Internet Security. Baaad idea. Completely killed my system. Good luck on your audition!