I woke up very early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I read Drunk, Divorced... and I just didn't like it, for multiple reasons. The only reason I finished it is because I didn't want to get out of bed (it was cooooooold!). I'm glad I got it in a swap and didn't buy it myself. As luck would have it, the county library book sale was this weekend, so I was able to buy some things I actually like--a few fun old science fiction paperbacks (mostly LeGuin) and even two awesome old pattern booklets (the craft section was totally picked over otherwise--but can't a girl dream of coming across Victorian Lace Today or some Elizabeth Zimmerman?). I'll take some pictures of them, because they are super cool. Did you know Sears sold their own interchangeable circular needle sets back in 1968? I didn't even know they sold yarn, but I should've figured.
Last night we watched Baby Mama--it was funny, but I had kind of high expectations for it that weren't really met. Is it so wrong to expect everything Tina Fey touches to turn to quirky comedy gold? I suppose I just wanted it to be more indie--though how that would be possible in a Lorne Michaels production, I'm not sure. Anyway, it was still fun, and I do have a soft spot for Greg Kinnear.
Sleepy. I think I'm gonna turn in early.
No comments:
Post a Comment