Tuesday, November 18

The lovely green socks I linked to in the last post are officially kaput. I wore through the other heel yesterday, and there are other thin places besides, so I don't think it's worth mending them. It's a shame, since they're so pretty, but I made the mistake of knitting socks from yarn clearly designed for lace. I think I'll felt them and make coasters out of the unaffected lace parts. So anyway, I had to replace a pair of socks. I dashed through half the heel and the entire foot of my second Monkey so I could wear them today:



Lousy picture, I know. They don't match my outfit at all, but it's better than wearing white athletic socks to work... Since I am dealing with a sock shortage here, I decided now was the time to reknit the feet of my
Pomatomus so that they aren't GI-normous. They're really big. I have to go down a needle size with every Cookie A. pattern, I think. I mean, in what universe do I need a 72-stitch sock knit on size 2s? Crazy. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do yet--though somehow I have to decrease to 60 stitches, and either do two pattern repeats instead of three on top of the foot, or just knit a plain stockinette foot. It was such a fun pattern, I'm leaning toward the former option.

In other news, we won't be buying my father's car, at least for the time being. The car he was looking at to buy himself was sold before they had a chance to see it. I guess we all just need to keep our eyes open...

Oh, and thanks for the comments on my hat! I'm not too crazy about the way I look in hats, but it is definitely keeping me warm.

3 comments:

Lauria said...

Yum. Lovely socks! And a great idea to repurpose the old socks!

I haven't made any socks of my own yet, but I hope to sometime.

Azureh said...

That's beautiful yarn, and plus funky socks are fun to wear to work :D

Anonymous said...

Beautimous socks! I still haven't tackled crocheting my first pair (I know yours are knit, but I'm not bistitchual). I'm thinking it's about time...