Friday, November 7

I had various plans for today, and woke up early and everything. Then I noticed there was a Dr. Who marathon, which basically derailed everything. Just this week I had been wondering how, with all my sci-fi cred, I had never seen a single episode. Now I have seen several (David Tennant-era, early on I think). How did I miss out on this? I remember seeing snippets of it on PBS in the early Eighties, and just thinking it was weird. Granted, I was like, five, and wondering why
3-2-1 Contact wasn't on... I think I have to NetFlix the whole damn shebang now!

I did manage to translate a French cowl pattern today as well. Although I just could not decipher the bind off (something about "gansey"--I have no idea)--I think I'll just do a picot bind off. Should be pretty, though--I found it through a discussion on Ravelry about Sarah Palin's famous, ostensibly qiviut smoke ring. Mine's not qiviut, of course. :)

Tomorrow: an exciting trip to the recycling center is planned! And we may get smoothies.

2 comments:

Lauria said...

Did you hear what Palin's response to going way over budget for her clothing was? She said that they weren't her clothing; they belonged to the Rupublican national committee and she planned on returning them to them. Huh? Who else is going to wear them?

But a quivet cowl sounds divine, if I had the money for that kind of thing!

Michelle said...

I LOVED 3-2-1 Contact when I was a kid! I've never seen Dr. Who, either. I've heard there's quite a following though. I might have to check that out!