Saturday, November 29

I was tagged for this the other day by Heather and Diana, but I didn't get a chance to do it. So here goes:

1) Link to your tagger and list all these rules in your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by including links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Okay.
1. My husband heard me sing before he heard me speak, eight years ago next month. I was in a community choir, and he was invited to the holiday concert by a mutual friend. I sang the "Qui sedes" from the Vivaldi Gloria, incidentally.
2. I was extremely reluctant to join Facebook, but my arm had been twisted by too many people, so I joined today. There ya' go. (Oh, and my freshman-year boyfriend, who has never come up on Google searches, is on there. I'd never have believed it was him, but it's quite obvious from the photo... Should I message him? It's been more than twelve years since we've spoken, after all. Might be fun for a few minutes.)
4. I learned to crochet because I wanted to recreate some doll toilet paper cozies my Portuguese great-grandmother had. At least one of my original creations still exists, in my parents' guest bathroom.
5. My first crush ever (if you can call it that) was when I was four. It was on Captain Kirk. I think William Shatner is a year older than my grandmother.
6. I really want to have an herb garden. We don't have enough light where we live now for anything besides impatiens and begonias. Planting herbs will be one of the first things we do when we buy a house.
7. I hate peas--but only out of the pod. They taste different in the pod!

Yeah, and I'm not going to tag anyone, since so many people have done this already.

Today Mark made a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat to fulfill our turkey needs. It was lovely, and the leftovers are abundant. What I did today: crochet a scarf for my Share Tree recipient from church. It took some trial and error to find a stitch pattern that worked with the yarn (Fancy Fur plus some worsted weight acrylic held together); I ended up making it the long way, alternating stitches per row. Pretty boring, but it's warm, and I hope the woman likes it. I do have to buy her pants, in a size large. Do they sell non-sweatpants in S-M-L? I guess I'll find out tomorrow at the store.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My husband thinks I'm nuts because I was talking about those toilet paper roll covers. Apparently, his grandma didn't have any. I know mine sure did!