Tuesday, November 25

More retro goodness:


Gordon Lightfoot wants his sweater back! But actually, I like it. And the woman's cardigan is very classy, and I could totally wear it after adding shaping. (I've already asked Mark if he wanted me to make him either of the two men's cardigans I've posted, and he said no. There's also a men's vest pattern in the booklet, but it is hideous.)

I have no interesting project pictures right now (there's actually a hilarious one--to me, anyway--of me modeling a gift, which I can't post until after it's given), but there will be some felted thrummed slippers and a toddler Valkyrie hat to look forward to in a few days. After that, I have a few more coffee sleeves to dash off, then Mark's Christmas socks (I only have a Ravelry link, sorry), which are tricky enough to keep me busy. I do want to finish my pink cabled cardigan by the end of the year, also my Estonian lace shawl that I am only slightly allergic to...and I'm sure I'll get to them, considering Mark's socks are a surprise. (I'm sure he knows he's getting socks for Christmas, but I like to keep the illusion alive.) And I think I'll need to make the acorn bag very soon. It is calling to me. Plus if I don't crochet for a while, things get wonky. I already crochet weird, almost backwards, so I can't let myself get too rusty. Maybe I'll work on it when I'm staying with my grandparents, so my grandmother can correct my technique. Of course, then she will need to make the acorn bag for all my little cousins, but she makes too many afghans anyway. :)

Speaking of staying with my grandparents, yesterday I heard back about another audition--probably the last I'll hear from, given that it's only three weeks away. Mark's flight is confirmed; he comes into JFK at about noon on the 23rd, so I'll meet him at Penn Station and we'll spend the day doing goofy tourist Christmas things in Manhattan. I'm not fond of crowds, but I am actually looking forward to going to Macy's (across the street from the station, so why not?) and Rockefeller Center and Central Park and maybe having a nice lunch somewhere. Or maybe just a falafel on the street--just as good. Or pizza, or Chinese, or bagels... Going to New York is an opportunity to eat all the yummy ethnic food one just can't get in the south. Which reminds me that I ought to get dinner started.

Cathy, I have to agree with you about the questions on that quiz--no mention of Jimmy Choos anywhere! Though of course some of the questions were slanted toward preparing girls to be good wives. Also, I'm glad you all don't think I'm insane about checking Mark's vitals in the middle of the night. I should mention that his father died at 47, though he'd had a previous heart attack and was a lifelong smoker. Mark is in quite good health, despite being overweight (which the doctor always mentions, but since his tests always come back fine nobody pushes too hard), so I know I don't really have much to worry about. Just don't want to be a widow at 31!

2 comments:

Lauria said...

That's the problem with making gifties -- can't blog about them! :D

Oh, and I didn't mention it, but I don't think you're crazy for checking Mark's vitals!

Last night, I checked to see if the cat was dead! He was just sleeping soundly.

Robin has sleep apnea, although not diagnosed (we're working on that.) He literally stops breathing in his sleep. Today, he blacked out twice, actually. Anyway, I always worry that he's not going to start breathing again. If I'm awake, I'll nudge him until he breathes again or wakes up. So I get you on checking to make sure your loved one is still alive!

Diana said...

My husband would totally wear that sweater.

I also agree that you are not crazy about checking your husband's breathing.