Friday, November 28

We did venture out into Retail Hell today--surprisingly not very hellish. There was a super coupon for an mp3 player Mark wanted for Christmas (he didn't have one until now), so we went over to Costco. I just have a few things to finish up now for Christmas (other than his socks). I really should spend the next two weeks on hardcore singing stuff--my teacher said I sounded rested the other day, but I think I took it a bit too easy in November.

We didn't really realize it until we were on our way to my parents' house, but we were pretty disappointed not to have turkey yesterday! (The turkey looked like it had freezer burn, and since my mother only bought it last week and immediately started defrosting it, it certainly came from the store that way; they offered to replace it with a fresh turkey, but my mother has this idea that fresh turkeys taste gamy--I have no idea--so she bought a ham instead.) So now Mark is defrosting the turkey we've had in the freezer for a while. I hope we have better luck.

Eleven-thirty! Mark's been hogging the computer all evening putting songs on his new toy. I will get to that meme tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lauria said...

I hope that your turkey comes out just fine!

I'm disappointed that we don't have Thanksgiving leftovers!!