Sunday, November 16

We just got back from our first holiday party of the year. (I know!) It was an early Thanksgiving dinner held by my husband's boss/college buddy. Two different kinds of sweet potato casserole! Yummm... We brought Mark's beer, which was a hit. (And also good for me, since it required no work on my part!)

In other news, I hope I'm not jinxing it by mentioning it too soon, but I think we are buying my father's old car to replace mine. His is older, but it has about 60,000 fewer miles. I hope to hear by tomorrow...

I'm still looking for something to replace the awful felting mishap. I have this pretty mystery yarn (bamboo/silk/rayon?) I want to use, but have tried a few patterns and haven't found the right match yet. Still plugging away!

2 comments:

Lauria said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the new car.

Mmmm... Thanksgiving dinner! Already, wow. At least it wasn't a Christmas party. That would have been crazy.

Michelle said...

My kids and husband LOVE sweet potatoes of all kinds. I like sweet potato fries!

Good luck on the car! We always seem to be in need of a car. My husband just bought an old one to hopefully restore, and we won't have to get anymore crappy ones ever again! *knock on wood*