Saturday, April 6

Lazy Saturday

*Much less excitement today.  Almost nothing to post!  Um, I went to Food Lion during Rosina's nap?

*Mark worked on the front porch railing today.  Unfortunately he realized that it was in worse shape than he thought, and he ended up spending fifty bucks on a circular sander (which we will definitely use again--first on the deck), and had to fill in some spots with caulk or something.  It's all primed now, I think, and will be painted tomorrow.

*Made the Pineapple Rice recipe from 101 Cookbooks.  This was the first time I've made it when I've actually had sesame oil.  I think I prefer it without!  I browned the leftover ham from Easter (which was frozen) and tossed it in.  Happily, Rosina ate the rice as I thought she would--though not much!

*Other than cooking, washing dishes and going to the grocery store, I pretty much vegged out today.  I didn't even knit!  Oh, I do remember something else I did today:  I made a Borax-sugar solution to use for ant baits.  They didn't have the Terro stuff we like at the store, and I didn't feel like making another stop--and then I realized I ought to make it myself anyway, since it costs like, three cents a batch, or however much a cup of sugar and a tablespoon of Borax cost.  I put it on some cardboard like the bottle version of Terro indicates.  (We don't have to worry about Rosina getting to it, since it's behind child-safe doors or too high for her to reach.) This stuff takes a bit to do the trick...so there will be many, many ant sightings over the next few days.  Ugh...

*The goofy B-movie host on one of our local rerun channels is interviewing Robert Englund, and they're showing some photos of him as Freddy Krueger.  Out of context he looks pretty ridiculous, but we'll see if I end up having a Freddy Krueger nightmare tonight.  He was always the scariest horror-movie character to me, though he has largely been supplanted by fast zombies.

No comments: