Monday, April 22

Le week-end

*Friday?  I don't remember Friday right now. Seriously.  I had PB&J for lunch, and made a smoothie, and there was a tornado warning that night so we stayed in.  Bo-ring...

*Busy Saturday morning!  I brought Rosina to the local Great Cloth Diaper Change event, meeting A. and L. there.  Serious swag bag, including a really cozy nursing cover that of course I will never, ever use--but I have a good home for it in mind.  We went to Baba Ghanooj for lunch.  I haven't been there in years, since we never get to Cary anymore (and after it took me literally TEN MINUTES, no kidding, to make a left turn at Crossroads, I remembered why I don't miss it), and it is still so yummy.  Rosina fell asleep in the car on the way home, and woke all the way up when she saw Mark at home.  It took her a looooong time to get back to sleep, but I had the afternoon all to myself while she and Mark both took naps.  I made a quiche!

*Saturday night we went to Target to pick up a few items, including a new insulated lunch bag to replace the one I bought in 2002. That bag served me well, but the lining was all ripped up, and it was impossible to clean it anymore. I also bought some stronger face cleanser, since my skin decided to freak out when it went above 80 degrees two weeks ago.  I suppose it'll have to be Clean & Clear for the summer, Neutrogena for the winter...

*Menchies!  I had a birthday credit, so we got our froyo on.  The Mud Pie flavor is fabulous.  For the first time I actually got Rosina her own froyo (ahhhnn!), which was cake batter with blueberries and Cool Whip.  I wanted mini-chocolate chips, which are not toddler-friendly, but it was time anyway.

*Sunday: slept until 10:45--and so did Rosina!  I headed over to the mall not long afterwards for our monthly knitting group.  I made a dumbass mistake the other day, and my blanket was going all trapezoidal, so I added a "design element" to get my stitch count back to where it should be.  I have about another foot before I finish the main part and start some side panels--when I started it months ago, I didn't make it nearly wide enough.  Don't know what I was thinking there, either.

*Costco trip largely consisted of pricing out items for Rosina's birthday party.  They have super-cheap juice boxes!  (Something I never thought I would comtemplate...)  We are into the nitty-gritty of menu and logistical planning, which Mark does really well.

*Had a crazy nightmare last night in which I had been framed for some crime and wrongfully imprisoned, and I had to break out.  There was some horrible smear campaign going against me, and somehow I had Rosina with me.  When we finally got to our house (which was not our actual house), Mark told me that the authorities were on our way.  When I woke up, my mind was racing, thinking of what I would actually do in this situation.  (??? Because this would ever happen.)  I realized that we actually have two friends who live down the street from each other that have family vacation homes out of town, and that I could go to one or the other--and that I could drive Mark's car to his office, and his coworker could drive Rosina and me to his house (he also lives around the block from our friends), and one or the other of our friends could smuggle us out of town in their car.  I would only be able to use landlines or random people's cell phones, because mine would be tracked.  Ugh, I put a lot of thought into this...


No comments: