Thursday, April 11

We shall wear velvet shoes, wherever we go...

*Rosina gave us a really hard time getting to bed last night, and I was just too wiped out to post afterwards. I guess she's old enough now to know what's going on, and just doesn't want to miss anything! I can definitely understand that.

*Had a nice work lunch yesterday at Johnny Carino's. I ordered Rosina some penne and meatballs, and she didn't eat much of it--but it was more than enough for me to eat for lunch today. Seriously! What kind of massive kids are they trying to feed?!

*I have been kind of dreading watching Torchwood: Miracle Day, since the fanbase wasn't happy about it, and I let it languish near the bottom of our Netflix queue for a while. The first DVD showed up at the house last week, and I finally got around to watching it. It was actually pretty good! I suppose I understand why a Torchwood purist wouldn't like it: it's definitely an American production, and feels very different. It almost reminds me of Bones. Three episodes in, and they've barely touched on anything non-human--which could piss people off, maybe, but it doesn't bother me. Plus most of those people hated Children of Earth, too (I thought it was really great, though extremely dark). Anyway, now I'm eagerly looking forward to the second disc!

*Trying to finally plan Rosina's birthday party! I think we've decided to have it at the pavilion at the park down the street. They have a nearly-new playground that has equipment for different ages, and basketball and beach volleyball courts if the kids/adults want to use them.

*I am going to try to find a pair of summer shoes at DSW tomorrow. I was thinking about getting a pair of Chuck Taylors, but I tried some on recently and the arches are all wrong for my feet. I had to toss my old black sandals last summer, so the only summer shoes I have (not including heels, which I don't normally wear) are a pair of brown sandals and my regular sneakers (which look really dopey with capri pants). I'll also have to replace my everyday winter black flats, since they're all stretched out. Other than those brown sandals, which I found on ultra-clearance last fall, I haven't bought a new pair of shoes since December 2010. I guess it's time!

No comments: