Friday, April 19

So here's the deal:

I have been suffering from serious sleep deprivation (and some hay fever) over the last few weeks (starting in earnest when Mark put Rosina in bed with us--not happening again!), and I've been desperately trying to catch up--and even with not blogging for the past week, I can only make up an hour at a time, if I'm lucky!  I'm beginning to think that nightly blogging is not compatible with my lifestyle.  Morning blogging, on the other hand, I can make work.  So here's my week in review:

*Friday:  got absolutely drenched in a heavy thunderstorm in the process, but I did find some sandals!  Borns on clearance, no less! :)  I am still trying to figure out the right buckle setting.  In the evening we drove by a city park where we were considering having Rosina's birthday party; we did decide to go with it.

*Saturday:  Richmond with Cathy and Mike!  The botanical garden was beautiful, and it was great just hanging out.  I also got some really gorgeous roving as a birthday present.

*Sunday:  Feeling gross after getting up so early on Saturday.  We did get to run some errands, but Rosina was pretty cranky about it.  I finished Mark's anniversary-gift socks and restarted the second foot of my purple Cookie A socks.

*Monday:  Playground and lunch with A and L.  There was a particularly adorable hugfest.  Rosina predictably calls L "baby" and points at her a lot.  Worked on my undulations a bit at bellydance class.

*Tuesday:  Our anniversary!  We were planning to go to the new Hibernian, but they've still only been open for six weeks or so, and with the North Raleigh Hive Mind being what it is, it was crazy busy there.  We ended up at Outback, which was fine.  I didn't hear the phone ring, but my mother apparently called during dinner--which is exactly what she did the last time we were at Outback for our anniversary, in like, 2009.

*Wednesday:  The three of us went to Harris Teeter after dinner, where we let Rosina use one of the kid-sized shopping carts.  It was not particularly efficient, but the other shoppers thought it was really cute.

*Thursday: Rosina had a super cranky morning, and I was half-falling asleep on the couch, so we stayed in.  Last night we got free food at Panera again. :)  I was really tired and didn't get there until 7:30, but I really needed to come out!  I am back working on my crochet scrap blanket, which is really coming along now.

So yeah, I need to focus on getting more sleep!  I can't make any promises for the weekends, but I should be able to manage weekday mornings...

No comments: