Tuesday, April 23

Spinning, spinning...

*Rosina had one of those days alternating between blood-curdling screams for no reason and being extremely adorable (like, sitting in a shoebox and pretending it's a car, or singing "happy, happy..." to herself). She really didn't take a nap, either.  The teething may have started again, I dunno.

*I've been doing a little research on some activities we can do at the party, which inspired me to give Rosina some rotini to string onto some tape-reinforced yarn.  She got pretty into it, until she decided she was WAY done with sitting in her highchair, and shrieked and threw some crayons.  Huzzah.  It just occurred to me this second that old-school Pin the Tail on the Donkey might be a good game.  At this point we only have four kids total, so I'm not sure if it's worth all that yet.  Unless we raise the poster two feet and have the adults play as well...

*Bellydance kicked my ASS.  We're doing a two-part dance--the first part was taught last session, and we had a huge group of newbies this session, so we've split into two groups, with both groups performing the same dance at the party next week.  It's not an easy dance, and some of the newbies are really struggling (and they have to be in front during the part they know!), so Kasha asked me and another girl from last session to dance with the newbies in our opposite group (instead of just sitting out).  Last night was our last practice session, so we drilled the dance, over and over again, and with the other girl not coming last night, I basically didn't stop dancing for like, 45 minutes.  I was wiped out!  Plus M&M time is coming again, and my abs were like, No thank you!

*Starbucks knitting group:  working away on my afghan.  I am going to have to put it down eventually, because my supplies of wool scrap yarn are getting low!  Maybe I can solicit for donations...

*Bought more crazy sugar-free yogurt at Harris Teeter.  Key Lime should make an excellent smoothie.

No comments: