Wednesday, April 24

Retro

*Cute Rosina moment Tuesday afternoon:  pulling azalea blossoms off a bush, then trying to put them back on.  Also, showing me a flower and saying "buh-fy"--a new word that I did not recognize in context until she made the raspberry noise she makes to imitate the buzzing sound I make to imitate a bee.  I kept trying to tell her that they were flowers, though they did look like butterflies.  Adorable nonetheless!

*Picked up the next Precious Ramotswe book at the library.  I am very slowly creeping up the queue for the sequel to The Passage; it must be long!

*SUNY-B alumni event last night.  We didn't stay long, because there weren't enough seats for us and Rosina was getting tired, but we did get some Genny Creams in the old-school bottles!  I may even have taken some pictures of Rosina pretending to drink from my empty bottle...

*While at the sports bar, we ran into the area alumni coordinator for Mark's alma mater--which seemed less of a huge coincidence when we remembered that she and/or her parents live nearby.  This reopened our discussion about going up to Cleveland in June for Mark's reunion.  Rosina will be full-price to fly by then (I know--she weighs 20 pounds!  Ridiculous.  Though it will be nice not to have to carry her), and it's over $300 per ticket (not to mention the cost of the reunion itself, plus the donation they expect you to make), so I'm not sure if we're going to attempt the nine-hour drive instead...

*Saw this video on The Hairpin, which is wild.



I can't have been the only person scanning the Fly Girls for Jennifer Lopez, until she shows up at the end.

No comments: