*I was up late on Sunday cleaning up and preparing for our trip to the zoo Monday, then Rosina refused to go to sleep. Mark had the not-so-bright-in-hindsight idea to put her in bed with us. Funny how a twenty-pound toddler can take up a quarter of a queen-sized bed... Anyway, nobody got a whole lot of sleep (least of all me, perhaps, with my ass hanging off the bed), and last night we were playing a little catch-up. Tonight as well, if I get my act together.
*Easter was pretty nice, all told. I suppose the only wrinkle (besides the sleep issue) was this dumb "debate" between my mother and Mark, which unfortunately was set off by me; how could I know that snarking about the anti-vaccination crowd (to my mother, an RN?!) would get my mother started on some Lou Dobbs-inspired rant about "our litigious society"? After my father almost died due to a medical mistake, no less?! Ugh. I learned a long time ago not to try to debate things with my mother--she will stick to her guns, no matter how wrong or misguided she is--but Mark and my brother Jeff still insist.
*Despite how tired we were, the zoo was a lot of fun! We saved quite a bit of time and hassle by planning out our route a bit beforehand. Rosina really loved the roadrunner, who was pacing in front of the glass for her (part of the desert exhibit is indoors), and she meowed at the ocelot and cougar just as we thought she would. Since the Friendly's that once was in town is now closed (I know! I wanted my clamboat and Fribble!), we ended up at David's, a local dinerish place with one of those enormous menus... They had homemade cream of mushroom soup, which was really delicious. There was definitely cream involved!
*Great bellydance class, which reminded me again not to get out of practice with the half of the choreography we did last session! Now I don't remember when the Tunisian twists happen...
*Kind of a watershed moment here this evening. I don't remember if I've mentioned that Rosina has been really, well, belligerent during her diaper changes for the last week or so. Today it took me almost ten minutes to change her before her nap--she just wouldn't lie still, and was screaming and scooting away any time I tried to do anything. She hasn't had a rash in a while, and she still doesn't seem to care if her diaper is wet. I did a little research this afternoon, and tonight we made the long haul to Buy Buy Baby and bought her a potty! We'll try it out in the morning. I don't know if she's really ready for it, but what do I know? All I can tell is that she's pissed about having to stop what she's doing so I can change her. Maybe if she feels more in control of the process she'll be less grumpy. Or maybe the novelty will keep her happier. I may be grasping, but something needs to change here! I'm tired of fighting her every time. And this child can really throw an elbow!
*For tomorrow: I think I will finally try AC Moore for that damned white Cotton-Ease--and if they don't have it, Michael's must! If not, I'm gonna have to put out an APB to the crafting community. C'mon, people! I only need three yards! Also, we're almost out of milk.
*P.S. If you know anyone looking for a house in Eastern Maryland, my parents' house is on the market!
No comments:
Post a Comment