Tuesday, April 9

Where no man has gone before

*Just got a Star Trek t-shirt at Target! They're in the men's logo T-shirt section--and it's that soft, stretchy kind of T-shirt, so it's actually fitted enough to not look like workout clothes. No, I will be wearing this one outside the Lake Lynn Community Center...

*Rosina recognizes certain things as boxes--like the lunchbox in one of her books--but she also considers a basketball hoop a box. I think she is calling every writing implement "purple". I guess that could be "pencil", but she does often use purple crayons... I love how kids her age make connections! It is so damn cute.

*In other Rosina news: still afraid of the potty--or at least of actually sitting on it. Who knows why.

*Mark bought us tickets to go see a theater simulcast of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on May 2. I hope my cousin can babysit! We have wanted to go to a live show for a long time, but whenever they come to town, they always do the show in this tiny auditorium at UNC--and nobody who isn't a big-time donor to NPR even has a chance of getting a ticket. They're not even put up for sale! It's total bullshit. Anyway, we are excited to finally see the show.

*Giving the first baby sweater to the fetal recipient's grandmother tomorrow. I actually had to go and buy gift bags--I'm out of any smallish ones to reuse! How did that happen?

No comments: