*One of the yarn stores was having a sale, so I picked up five skeins of Cascade 220 at their old-school price to make the temperature scarf. I already had some green, so I should be all set. Now to wind six 100-gram skeins--I'm quite glad to have a swift and ball winder right now! (I probably should've had them wound at the store, but Rosina was getting restless, and the store was quite busy.) I also picked up some regular-price Malabrigo Sock in Archangel for a gift project. Dang that's pretty... Rosina was very well-behaved while using her little backpack harness. I used to think these were a little barbaric, but it's really a great way to let her walk on her own and be independent, while still keeping her close enough that I can keep an eye on her. It's not like there's any tension on the thing, unless she decides to make a break for it.
*Finished the little shrug for Rosina on Saturday night, very quickly. Stockinette and short-sleeves (and a small kid!) will do that. It's going to be in the low 70s all week (yay!!!), so it will have plenty of time to block before she might actually wear it.
*Hooray Piedmont Farm Tour! We've been going for so long that we've been to most of the places we'd want to visit, and the timing really interfered with Rosina's nap, so we decided to go to just two farms per day--one interesting for adults, the other with lots of animals for Rosina. We bought a few plants at this fabulous place and some wine at this pretty small vineyard, and Rosina had a blast at this educational farm and went one-on-one with the baby goats here. We even stopped at the Maple View Dairy ice cream shop on Saturday (Rosina slept through that one, sad to say). Gorgeous day Saturday, rainy one Sunday, but we managed not to get too wet.
*Delicious dinner last night, courtesy of Pinterest and MyPlate: low-fat Orange Chicken! No sugar except for the naturally-occurring stuff. Leftovers are in the freezer.
*Late-night trivia moment last night, courtesy of iPhone: which cast member of Leave It to Beaver died earlier this month? I knew I had heard about it somewhere. It was Lumpy!
*Bellydance performance/class party tonight! It has been a crazy session, with the huge number of new students. Some of them dropped out relatively quickly, but some of them missed two or three classes in a row and came back expecting to be able to master the choreography! Sorry, not going to happen. We were originally going to have two groups dancing, but now it may just be one. Next session (starting next week, I think) I'm going to take Bollywood--I already have the song stuck in my head...
No comments:
Post a Comment