*Rosina started a toddler art class this morning--this session was more of a free-play, but next week will be messy, apparently! She's not super-girly about it, but she doesn't love being sticky or anything (probably a lot like me, actually), so we'll see how it goes.
*After the class, there were errands to run--including the farmers' market, where I bought a whole flat of strawberries. They taste like heaven. Seriously. I had a lot of fun carrying that flat while pushing a stroller, though, I'll tell you. It didn't stop me from buying apples and a few little plants on the way back to the car! Ugh, my wrists may not forgive me this time. After that we went to Target, where Rosina talked to all sorts of people. They have reusable sandwich bags in the dollar section right now--if the ones I bought work out, I may get more!
*Missed going to Panera last night--not only was my stomach still bothering me, but my neck also decided to be an asshole. I'm mostly better today, on both counts, but I really could've used the evening out! We ended up watching more Downton Abbey. Edith, you almost had me convinced that you weren't a total bitch...
*Finished Night Circus yesterday. The bad reviews were kind of asinine, honestly--complaining about lack of character development (while not realizing that the circus itself is the main character, really) and about the focus and time shifting (durrrr, there are dates at the top of every chapter!). So yes, I liked it--very atmospheric. On to The Twelve, which starts in a really cheesy way, but I totally like it.
*We were in the car quite a bit this morning, and I kept hearing Billy Joel. At first I wondered if something had happened to him! Then I remembered that it was his birthday this week--yesterday, to be exact. My friend Christine and I went to see him fifteen years ago yesterday! Because it was his birthday, he said he would only play his favorite songs, even pulling out "You're My Home". I remember trying to pick out my least favorite song so I could use the bathroom--it was "I Go to Extremes". It was a really great concert.
No comments:
Post a Comment