*Party went very well! The weather held up until just before 12:30--I'm really glad we went with an early time. Rosina got all sorts of really great cute and educational presents. I probably should've told people not to feel obligated to bring anything, but by the time I thought of that, it was too late.
*My parents' visit was brief but pleasant. The idea of flying up to New York with Rosina for a week over the summer is growing on me (especially if my parents offer to help with the airfare!). It will be a huge pain in the ass, particularly if I have to schlep an enormous car seat and my work laptop through the airport (with Rosina in a stroller!), but probably worth it in the long run. It will need to wait until everyone is settled in the new (3500 square foot!) house, so I have time to work on the logistics. It would be nice to have a respite from the heat for a week in July or August...
*Mark and I are both feeling pretty rundown. I don't know if it's the ridiculous humidity and nonstop rain, but I am just wiped out! Since I'm not going to get home until 10:30 tonight, I was planning to sleep in tomorrow...
*Had coffee with Sandra earlier--it had been months! Hopefully we'll be able to get together more often this summer. I think the girls would have fun playing together, despite the age difference (her daughter is six already!).
*More Downton Abbey. With one episode left in Series 2, I still don't like Edith. Poor Mr. Bates! And seriously, midlife crisis, anyone?!
*Tonight: bellydancing and Starbucks (twice in one day?! I swear, this is not on purpose. I don't even like their coffee...). Tomorrow: thank-you notes!
1 comment:
So glad the party went great... I hope you took pictures! :)
Post a Comment