Tuesday, May 28

In which much is accomplished

Sorry for the delay...the Blogger app is being a jerk again.

*We had a very productive weekend!  The weather was absolutely perfect, so we spent a lot of it outside.  I wish I didn't have the mosquito bites to show for it... I was mainly on toddler detail while Mark built our new vegetable garden!  It looks great, and we have lots of room to expand.  Eventually he wants to put in a raised bed, but the soil really sucks here (all clay) so it'll take a few years to get it to the right level.  This means I should start composting again! I just need to come up with a routine or something, so I don't end up with a smelly box in the kitchen.  Rosina can be trusted enough to stay on the covered porch while I tend to the big container outside.

*We went to Beasley's Chicken and Honey for lunch yesterday.  Fried chicken + waffle + honey... whoa.  Nobody could survive eating like that every day, but Oh My God.  Rosina was loving the waffles, and I didn't mind sharing because it was pretty filling stuff!

*In proud mommy news, look what Rosina did!


Couldn't even be bothered to draw a nose.  That is just lazy, kid...

*I have been dreaming about showing up to bellydance performances without knowing the choreo.  I guess this means I'm in it for good!

*Speaking of performance anxiety, the big news is that I've submitted materials for an audition next week!  This will be my first audition in THREE YEARS.  Whoa, I don't even know what to think about that.  It's just here in town, but they are apparently auditioning for "all roles" (i.e. not just chorus--we shall see).  So this is apparently the kick in the butt I need.  My voice feels good, though I need to brush up on some text (whoops, completely forgot that aria had a recitative) and spend some good time this week polishing things.  It has also compelled me to finally finish reading Content Strategy for the Web, which Mark insisted I read before I ask him to help me pick out a page template so I can get my effing website back up already!  Damn, seriously.

No comments: